Fraud Prevention Tips
Preventing Fraud For POS Solutions. (In-Person Transactions)
2. Document customer purchases.
3. Understand and know all your equipment including your POS system.
4. Do not accept "Letters of Authorization."
5. Be cautious when manually entering worn or damaged cards.
6. Keep an eye on customers that may be distracting or appear nervous.
7. Be attentive to customers who keep their credit card separate from their wallet.
8. Educate all your employees on fraud signs.
9. Always ask for identification and compare signatures.
Preventing Fraud For Card-Not-Present. (Online Transactions)
2. Be cautious of expedited shipping when billing and shipping addresses are different.
3. Anyone who is a first time shopper.
4. Make sure you use Address Verification (AVS) for all online orders.
5. If you are ever in doubt about a potential customer, it is well within your rights to ask for more identification.
6. The mailing address should be checked to see if it is a mailbox or forward shipping service.
7. Be cautious of anyone who tries to "Rush" or "Overnight" orders.
8. Try your best to set purchase limits.
9. When shipping your orders make sure to use tracking numbers and require signatures during delivery.
10. Always require the Security Code (CVV).
11. Make sure the IP location and credit card address match.